Last week, Microsoft announced some changes coming to the standalone version of Intune.
See this link to check when your tenant will be updated. Your current Service Settings can be found in the Intune Administration Console.
The new features include:
– Management of Microsoft Office Apps for Android (Word, Excel and PowerPoint). This include the ability to restrict the usage of cut, copy and paste from managed to unmanaged apps.
– Management of the Microsoft OneNote App on iOS Devices. Let’s hope this possibility will quickly be added to the Android Version as well 🙂
– It is now possible to install applications from the Company Portal on Windows Phone 8.1 devices.
– Support for per-app VPN with Cisco AnyConnect on iOS devices.
– Option to make device encryption mandatory on Windows 8.1 devices.
– WiFi profiles can now be deployed via XML import for Windows Devices, or via OMA URI for Windows Phone devices.
Microsoft also announced their plans to add conditional access control with Intune for SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business. After seeing this option for Microsoft Exchange, I can’t wait to get my hands on this feature.